Wednesday, June 22, 2011

U.S. Open Musings...

Here are a few of my thoughts after watching most of the US Open.

1. It's great that literally anyone can play in it, if you pay your money, and have the requisite handicap. That alone makes it a cool golf tournament.

2. Rory McIlroy was out of his mind at this tournament. I liked that he seemed to learn from his fiasco at the Masters. He seems much more mature at 22 then anyone I know.

3. Jason Day, who finished at -8, would have won 30 out of the last 33 US Opens (or something like that). He has now finished second at the last 2 majors.

4. I read an interesting article on USA Today.com on if people were "missing" Tiger Woods, or if the game has passed him by - meaning people have moved on to the next new phenom. I tend to agree. I don't think he will ever be the same. He has retooled his swing twice (now in the midst of the third time), and was dominant with both other swings. I don't get it. I once thought Jack's 18 was in jeopardy, but now I think it looks fairly safe....

5. Interesting that people don't think the Open was hard enough. Usually par (or slightly under) wins, but lots of rain made the course accessible. Not the players fault...Just my opinion.

Tell me your thoughts...Out to play more golf.....

No comments:

Post a Comment