Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Beginning...

I'd like to begin by thanking the News-Herald for letting me blog about golf...something that is a passion and a hobby of mine. I read GolfWeek, Golf World, Golf Digest, Golf, and the Global Golf Post weekly, as well as follow the PGA, Champions, and LPGA tours each week.

I have volunteered for the past three years as a walking scorer at the LPGA Tournament in Toledo, and was also lucky enough to do the same for the Senior PGA Championship when it was in Canterbury. I was paired with Jay Haas for one of the rounds, and it was a great event I will never forget.

Additionally, I coach golf at the high school level as well as work a local golf course in the summer when school is out. I welcome any questions or suggestions you may have, as this blog will continue to evolve as time passes. The picture above is me playing with my best friend in Phoenix, another hotbed of golf. There is an amazing amount of great courses in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area - a future topic, I'm sure! I look forward to you reading and enjoying my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment