Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Is Tiger ready for Augusta?

The News-Herald (shockingly) cannot come up with a media credential for me to go to the Masters and walk the hallowed grounds of Augusta National, this blog will have to do. I'll talk more about Augusta next week.

I recently was able to watch Tiger for an extended period of time this past weekend, and it was mystifying to me. I watched him put two balls in the water, and he did not hit a fairway for an entire 9 holes! Heck - I can even do that, and I am not on the PGA. Take me to Thunder Hill in Madison, and I guarantee that a ProV1X or two will get wet.

He talked about him being "close" and that he has more good shots than bad now. He is trying to tune up for Augusta, where he looks for his 5th green jacket. I don't see him being a factor - not this year. I just don't think he has the ball control to master the tight pins at Augusta. I still don't understand why he left Butch Harmon, when he was winning everything. He was even successful with Hank Haney - but felt the need to tinker....Ask Padraig Harrington how his tinkering is going...

I'll be surprised if Tiger wins Augusta...he is not done winning majors, but not ready to win...But I could be wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment