Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Random Open Championship Thoughts...

1. It's not the "British Open". Americans are the only ones who call it that...

2. Links golf is completely different than the golf that we play here in the majority of America. The closest thing that I have played to links in Northeastern Ohio is Grey Hawk in Lagrange. A great course, with a lot of mounding and waste areas. They have an 2 island greens (1 surrounded by sand, and 1 by water), and a great clubhouse. I also recommend the Cheeseburger!

3. Someone in yesterday's presser called Luke Donald "Lee". Talk about not knowing your stuff! Luke laughed it off however!

4. Ben Curtis won when the Open rota was here last time. I don't see another American winning this year. I like Lee Westwood. He's been so close this year, but has not come through. Some guy named McIlroy is a pretty good pick as well.

5. I'd like to play St. Andrews once before I die. That's all...

6. I hope the weather cooperates. I remember seeing the great "Duel in the Sun" when a wa a little kid. I would love weather like that for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment