Thursday, May 26, 2011

Boulder Creek

Boulder Creek was the last stop of the Golf Channel Amatuer Tour. We started playing #10 first, as the was a bachelor party on the front nine. SIX AND A HALF HOURS later, I finished my round. Again, it was cart path only, so I expected it to be slow, but not that slow. I teed off at 12 PM and finished at 6:30. Wow!

I tried using my new mental approach, and it worked, except for a few times when I became frustrated at outside instances (most notable the group behind us being off the cart path), which led to a higher back nine. I went out in a respectable 42, and got a birdie on the signature 17th island hole. Other thoughts got the best of me on the back, but I did hit the pin from 133 out and got a bad break. Our last two holes just beat the approaching thunderstorm, and that didn't help my score either. Again, a decent score, but not good enough to win.

The next tournament is Saturday at Little Mountain. I will really try to stay out of the bunkers there - they are enormous! My mental outlook continues to improve! I need to also work on my short putting - 4 feet and in. I feel it's costing my strokes....

I hope we can get out of "cart path only" sometime in June! Email me with questions and comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment