Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Single Digits...

That is my ultimate goal...to be a single digit handicapper (even a 9). I do a lot of reading on the various subjects of golf, and the main point said by all professionals about amateurs is that they do not practice enough on their short game. It has been estimated that at least 60 percent of your game comes from 100 yards and in. My goal this year is to lower my scores by improving on my short game. I spent about 45 minutes on chipping, and finding the most consistent of my 4 wedges (P, 52, 56, and 60). I really got dialed in with my new PING G15 pitching wedge. I was fairly consistent, and that's what I was looking for. I feel that if I could shave off 1-2 strokes per round in the beginning with my improved chipping, that would be a good start. I've always been a fairly good putter, even as a lag putter, so I'm not too worried about that.

I have a tournament coming up next weekend, so we will see how it goes. I plan to do better there than I did last year! I'd love to even win! We will see! Let me know if you have comments or questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment